My First Marketing Blog

Hello to my audience who decided to take the time and read my blog. My name is Tyler Mead. I grew up in a small town called Canby, which is just about 50 miles north of Corvallis. One reason that prompted me to take this course was that it was one of my required courses to get my associate's degree at LBCC to then transfer over to OSU next year. I am a dual-enrolled student who is planning on getting a finance degree as my end goal. What I am most intrigued about with marketing has to be the use of marketing all around us and understanding that certain companies use these specific tactics to target the public. I think it's a useful skill to understand these concepts and someday apply the same practices to a new business. I think people don't realize how much marketing affects the choices we make in the store so understanding the effective process that goes with it will really be important in years to come.

Something that I'm very passionate about would be my physical health. Growing up all the way through high school I was a 3 sport athlete. I played football, and basketball, and played baseball/lacrosse as my spring sport. Now I wasn't the greatest in baseball besides that I was athletic so I was only good at centerfield so I switched over to lacrosse in high school. I think I excelled the best in football, in fact, in my senior year I set the school record for the number of touchdowns in a single game. However, nothing tops basketball as my favorite sport. Ive played it for the majority of my life and I still am involved in intramurals at OSU. I very well could have played one of you guys if you went to Dixon in the last year and a half! Also go Blazers!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing in the News: Pepsi launches new lemon-lime soda with Starry

Prize Picks